Check out Bossys' profile
- Born: 14 November 1963 in South Africa
- Nationality: Swiss
- Height: 1.90 m
- Weight: 75 kg
- Eyes: brown
- Hair: brown
- Occupation: Golf Professional
- Hobbies: Diving, Fitness, Golf course Design
Since turning professional in 1989, André has been the most successful Swiss Golf Touring Professional. He is the only Swiss to have won on European level, both on The European Tour when he captured the 1995 Air France Cannes Open and on the Challenge Tour with wins at the 1990 Neuchâtel Open, the 1991 Kenya Open and the 2008 MAN-Nö Open.
André also is the only Swiss to have qualified and played in Golf Majors, by participating in The Open 1994 in Turnberry and 2005 in St. Andrews – and in 2014 in The Senior PGA Championship and the Senior British Open.
The Swiss born in South Africa from Swiss parents attended the University of Tulsa, Oklahoma in the US, on a golf scholarship, graduating in Business Administration. André has represented Switzerland in the 1991 Alfred Dunhill Cup at St. Andrews and held up the Swiss flag seven times in the WGC – World Cup one highlight being in 2002 in Mexico after winning the qualifying Nations Cup in Indonesia together with partner Marc Châtelain.
He has been on top of the Swiss Order of Merit most years from 1989-1997, only halted by a severe back injury in 1997 which forced a three-year lay-off.
Bossy focused on the Challenge Tour from 2001-2013 in a bid to regain his card on The European Tour.
Since 2014, Bossy has engaged in his Senior Tour Career, playing on the European Senior Tour and looking to gain his playing rights on the US Champions Tour.
In winter, André is a regular on the Sunshine Tour.
Wins as a Professional
- MAN-Nö Open 2008
- Davidoff Nations Cup 2002
- Swiss PGA Championship 2000 and 2010
- Cannes Open 1995 (PGA European Tour)
- Kenya Open 1992 (PGA Challenge Tour)
- Swiss Omnium 1991 and 2007
- Neuchâtel Open 1990 (PGA Challenge Tour)
Golf Pro since 1989.
Is based at G&CC Zurich.
- Right now André has a choice of 18 PING clubs ‘in service’.
- Out of these, he will of course make a selection of 14 clubs in a tournament round.
- Driver: G10 – 9 degrees
- Iron 2 to iron 9: S57 Series
- Fairway-metals: G10, one with 15,5 degress and one with 17 degrees
- Hybrids: Rapture V2, one with 17 degrees and one with 20 degrees
- Wegdes: S57 Series, with 47, 54 and 60 degrees
- Putter: Redwood Anser